There is just so much information readily available online these days, making people feel like they’re “instant experts.” With all that acquired knowledge, it makes you wonder, “Do we still need to work with a real estate agent when buying property?”
In theory, it seems rather easy doing things on your own through the internet, print media and the regular advertising channels without representation or a real estate agent. While a handful would do alright, there are many who don’t.
So if you’re trying to decide whether to hire a real estate agent to find the right property, here are 6 reasons why you should consider partnering with a real estate professional.
- KNOWS YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD. A real estate professional is knowledgeable about the market in the area that you’re interested in. He also has access to information about the recent sales in your neighborhood, and as well as data on schools, crime or demographics.
- SHIELDS YOU FROM SPAMMERS. A real estate professional has access to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), which is a database of current property for sale. The broker can easily find information about homes that fit your criteria. Agents act like a filter to your property visits. They take you to see only the property they feel you would appreciate and love.
- PRICE ADVICE. An agent will guide you to make the right choices for yourself. Depending on the current market conditions, your agent can formulate a negotiation strategy to make sure you’re getting the best deal.
- PROFESSIONAL NETWORK. Real estate agents network with other professionals in the same field. They like to know who they’re working with and avoid any legal liability at all costs. By keeping a tight network, they rely on each other’s efficiency, reliability, competency and competitive pricing
- EXPERT NEGOTIATORS. The best real estate agents negotiate very well, simply because they are specially trained to do so. They are extremely skilled at presenting your case in the best light and will even make sure your information is held confidential from competing interests.
- HANDLE ALL LEGAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE TRANSACTIONS. A real estate agent can handle the volumes of paperwork for you when you’ve decided on a property. They can relieve you of the burden of filing purchase agreements can run 10 pages or more, along with the federal and state mandated disclosures required by law.
Working with the right real estate professional can be satisfying and rewarding. It is important you work with someone with whom you can put your confidence and trust on. The right agent will make you feel looked after, which will allow you to simply enjoy finding the right property for you.